Two outputs and five different rhythmic flavors multiply by a load of “algo-rhythmic” processing to result in a practically infinite number of polyrhythms. That’s the fundamental formula that produces the Knight's Gallop principle : a dual trigger generator providing sequences according to tables and modes.
The source tables contain patterns such as the Euclidean polyrhythms, and the modes allow the user manipulate and mangle those patterns according to different algorithms. As the module has two outputs, it is a very powerful instrument to create diversified and instantaneous polyrhythms.
• Dual Output Trigger Generator
• Variable length sequences (up to 16 steps)
• Length and Pulse amount potentiometers and CV inputs
• Shift + & shift - buttons allowing to shift the sequence forward and backward
• Main (MN) mode providing a lot of utlity modes for the second output : reset, no shift, invert and reverse
• Compute (CP) mode calculating associated sequences for the second output delivering very musical polyrythm
• Random (RD) mode adding randomness on the sequence feeding the second output, 4 amounts of randomness determined by the sub mode
• Dual (DL) mode allowing to set the two outputs seperatly
• Record (RC) mode turning the Knight's Gallop into a “play your sequence on the buttons and record it” module
• Five different kind of tables for five different rythmic flavours : Divider Sequences, Classic Euclidean, Revised Euclidean, Anti Euclidean & Split Sequences
• User replaceable firmware chip
• Elektron style push buttons
• High quality metal potentiometers with double rubber injected knobs
• Skiff friendly (25mm deep)
• 8 HP Wide
Fully furnished DIY version
Build difficulty :
Fully assembled Knight’s Gallop, boxed with user manual & goodies.* Prices does not include shipping cost.
Learn how to use your Knight's Gallop with this short PDF.
Know everything about your Knight's Gallop with this PDF.
KG Tables, Modes & Sub-Modes all on one sheet.
Learn the full assembly process detailled with illustration in vector PDF.
"The knight’s Gallop is a cool tool. Groovy and unusual patterns are easy to stumble upon. Moving around the tables, modes and sub-modes offers a lot of variety. I will be using it a lot."
Martin Gore - Depeche Mode, 2016